Thursday, October 15, 2009

10 more days!

Okay, we're on the home stretch now guys! We're just a little over half way there! Woo woo! So today was a pretty eventful and exciting day.

I couldn't fall asleep last night until around midnight, so when my alarm went off this morning at 7:30 a.m. I was SUPER OOBER tired. But I got up anyway, ate some breakfast and did some dishes, and then went next door to keep Kirsten company while she made the most delicious pumpkin and white chocolate cookies I have EVER eaten in my life. They were absolutely amazing!

After that we went on to base to do some Pilates with our friend Andria! Soooo we pulled in and Kirsten informed me that the dining hall (where the SERE guys eat) is located directly next to the gym that we were going to. SO....I parked directly in front of the dining hall.

We did our pilates (which was AWESOME and I cant wait to go again!) and finished up right around noon, a perfect time for lunch! I took a gander out of the window while we were rolling up our mats and putting our shoes on and what did I see? TWO WHITE BUSES! The buses that transport the SERE students!!! AND a bunch of men and women in camo walking from the dining hall, back to the bus. You should have seen me...I SPRINTED to my car and stood there, watching every person leave the building, and walk to the bus...hoping to spot him. Unfortunately we never did see him, he must have already been on the bus (which has ridiculously tinted windows). BUT he must have seen my car! It was parked right in front!

Even though I didn't see him, just the fact that I knew he was so close was amazing! It really made my day, and gave me some motivation to stick it out for these next 10 days!

So when I got back I made myself some lunch, did a bunch of homework, and then relaxed until dinner!

For dinner I made myself a delicious meal of spicy yogurt marinated chicken, wild rice with toasted walnuts, and a yuuuummy salad with mixed greens and pine nuts! Thank goodness for Kirsten and her awesome recipes!

Sooo time for sleep soon, only 10 more days! I CAN DO THIS!

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment