After Ron was finished with his Army duties for the day we ate some lunch, and then headed to the golf course on post to go driving and warm up for our golf outing tomorrow. We both did pretty bad (although I think Ron did just fine)...and made our way to the commisary afterwards to shop for the rest of the week's food.
After shopping we came home, watched some TV, did some cleaning...and then it was time to start dinner. I made Ron's favorite chili...it has sauteed onion, red pepper, jalapenos & garlic; crushed tomatoes, chili seasoning, red & white kidney beans, and 1 lb ground turkey. So yummy! So I began assemblying it..and the last addition were the beans. I got the first 2 cans open, and while trying to open the third our can opener gave way. It only made it part way around the top of the can....and the top was still attached in two spots, on oposite sides. I was really busy so I asked Ron to come in to the kitchen to help me get it open. He tried and tried again with the can opener...but it didn't work. So he decided to get out an old fork to try to pry it open more. I said to him: "Don't cut yourself!" So what did he do?!?!?! HE CUT HIMSELF!!! Right in the side of his pinky. He yelled "sh*t!" and I asked him: "need stiches?"..well, he sure did. He says it went all the way to the bone, it was gushing blood everywhere! Good thing I learned how to drive his standard car - we jumped in the car and sped off to the ER in town. Bad news - took 5 stitches...and it doesn't sound like the novocane really worked too well. Good news - we were only there for an hour, maybe an hour & a half! Woohoo!
So now we're back home - and he's feeling much better. Looks like he'll have to have the stitches in for 10 days!
About my food intake:
Breakfast: egg white omelet with a little light cheese and hot sauce (2 ww pts)
Lunch: Finally finished the white bean salad and the cucumber tomato salad (4 ww pts)
Snack: Cheese & cracker (2 ww pts)
Dinner: Chili! Not sure exactly how many pts, but it was very healthy and couldn't have been more than 6 ww pts!
That's all folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment