Thursday, April 8, 2010

TWISTER!

So - I'll admit it again...I'm an awful "blogger". I would like to be like my friend Krystle and try to write at least once a week - but let's be serious, I just don't have that many interesting things to write about! Anywho here's an update. Just like the last time I wrote (in January I think...) I am still unemployed and without a car. It's starting to get to me though. As much as I enjoy not working...it really sucks not having a car and all. Just being able to drive myself out to the commissary during the week to do our grocery shopping would be just fabulous! But....paying car payments each month strictly for shopping...just wouldn't be practical (as much as I wish it would be)! Also- it looks as if we MAY be leaving good old Alabama by August or September, which makes it a bit silly to get a job and a car for only the few months we're still here.

You may be surprised when I say this but...I really don't think I'll be ready to leave here in August or September! We've made some awesome friends and we have an amazing townhouse that we call "home"! Since this is the first time living with Ron I feel like it will be so hard to leave this place, we will miss it bunches! Also- before our move to 'bama, I always lived in the house I grew up in (besides the college dorm I lived in for a year or so...doesnt count). So I just think it will be difficult leaving here and all our friends, and I was really counting on spending another Christmas here! I feel like I may be repeating myself from previous posts...but honestly, it's been so long - who knows.

My recent savior while Ron has been busy all day at flight school has been food, unfortunately. I've been spending a lot of my free time looking up new recipes to cook, and cooking them. I find it very stress reducing and calming...now I know what my Mom was talking about for all of those years! I never understood it before! So with my excessive cooking, comes...dun dun dun...the dreaded weight gain. I will not go on and on about this (because I'm sure I have before on here) so I'll just say this - weight watchers starts (once again...I know) this Monday. I WILL stay committed and motivated...I must! Bikini season has BEGUN already...I'm in the south! Just two weeks ago I was forced to wear one on a trip to FL with Andria & Justin - and BOY did I want to throw up just a bit when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror!

So last weekend was Easter and Ron and I (or maybe just I) wanted to get Easter baskets for eachother! Which means - a number of huge bags of candy, which I've been shoving down my throat until I'm almost nauseous this week just to get rid of it so it WONT be staring at me next week when my diet starts! Probably not a good idea, I should really just throw it all out...but...I just hate being wasteful!!! (thanks Mom & Dad!). So I'll continue to make myself sick until Monday - and then find a way to lock away the rest of the candy and make Ron hide the key. Hah....I'm sad to say that I have occasionally thought to myself: "The more I weigh at my first weigh in, the better I'll feel after the first week of dieting when I loose a bunch of lbs!"...wow...that is NOT healthy!

On a completely different subject - Ron & I have begun going to church every Sunday and I am really enjoying it. I have also purchased (and received from my awesome Mother in law) a few study bibles to read on my surplus of spare time. I grew up going to a catholic church and I really didnt understand...or get that much out of all those hours, as much as I hate to admit it. I just feel that it is so very difficult to really understand the purpose and meaning behind believing and worshiping the Lord until you are mature enough. The church we've been going to is non-denominational and I have really been enjoying it. Although this last Sunday (Easter) I felt as if the pastor was spending most of the sermon trying to "recruit" the first-timers to come every week...rather than really explaining Easter and why we celebrate it. It looks like we might try a church or two on post soon. Regardless, I just feel a lot better knowing that the Lord is there to help me, and there is more to life than just what we see before our own eyes everyday.

So today was pretty freaky...I have to explain why. Now where I'm from, there are NO natural disasters. Really! The worst would possibly be a really bad snow storm, but we'd just be FORCED to stay home from school/work and spend time making snow angels, sleighing down our hills, snow mobileing, getting way too much snow up our shorts and in our boots, and of course drinking mucho amounts of hot chocolate. Now - how bad does that really sound? AnyWHO...today at about noon Ron gave me a call and asked me to check the weather on my phone (since his service stinks on post). Now I knew the weather was pretty gnarly....really rainy and lots of thunder & lightening, but I had been proactive, and was checking the weather alerts often, JUST IN CASE. So when Ron called I thought it was silly but I checked again (for the millionth [is that a word?] time) AND.....under "severe" it said that there had been a tornado citing in OUR TOWN and a "Tornado Warning" was in affect for an hour!!!!!!!!! Now - there have been several Tornado "watches" since we've moved here...but...warning?!?!?!?! And what makes me feel completely safe is the fact that I cannot even hear the tornado sirens where we live...I only heard it while on the phone with Ron (maybe this is a good thing, considering the sirens would only make me even sicker to my stomach). Sooooo of course after I hear this Ron has to get off the phone and go to class. Then he texts me and says: "Just go in the guest bathroom and text me every 5 minutes or so, so I know you're okay". WHAT?! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!? Now I know it's time to PANIC. So I run into the bathroom and what do I do?! Well....call my Momma of course!!!!! Thank goodness she wasnt too busy (she never seems to be when I'm having one of my many panic moments) and also that her assistant wasn't in to hear her try her very best to calm me down. But it worked! I was on the phone with her for just about the entire hour...and she distracted me! I love her so much...she really is my best friend and I miss her and my dad and my in-laws and siblings and siblings-in-law and my friends SO MUCH.

Onto another subject (who knew I had so much to talk about...with no life and all): I am very excited to announce that my Aunt Sharon and Ron's great uncle Dwight are getting married!!!! On May 13th!!!! Is that weird? I don't think so! Oh, and my aunt is like 5 years older than Ron's great uncle...now that's weird! So I am incredibly happy for them...they are both great people and I can tell that they are very very happy together - which is what they've both needed for awhile now! AND I'm the "Matron" of Honor!!! So I have a plane ticket and I'll be there for a long weekend. Unfortunately Ron cannot attend...because of his stinking flight training...psychhh (haha...just kidding!) and neither can my parents because of their work schedules...so..booo. :-(

BUT it looks like I'll be visiting up North in July for my Dad's Bday and my Uncle's party! I am so very excited to be there with family for a week or more....I miss them so incredibly much! I just wish Ron could join me...but ya know....Army!

(I feel like I must always state that even though I may seem to talk down about the Army I am so grateful for all that it has given us and all the opportunities we do have, and will have. I never imagined being a military wife, but I love it to death so far! [We'll see how I feel when Ron deploys....:-(...])

Speaking of Ron - my fantastic husband - I am so incredibly proud of him. He has continued to prove how amazing he is. He is in the "instruments" phase of flight school, which is followed by BWS (basic war fighting skills) and then...dun dun dun...BLACKHAWKS! Yippee! Like I've said before - he is the smartest person I know, and I am so very happy to call him my husband! I look up to him proudly more and more each week!

Okay - I will stop blabbing now. Maybe I will try to write each week...we'll see. Just promise not to hate me if I dont - whoever you are. You're probably just my husband who I told HAD to read this. Hah!

1 comment:

  1. you are too cute. :) i was bad last week and just posted today. so don't worry friend. and you do not need to start weight watchers! you are adorable and i love you just how you are. also....next week we'll prob need to go to the commissary. so i am going to pick you up and we are going to shop together. love you!

    ReplyDelete