Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nobody's perfect....right?!

So lets just say that it was a huge mistake when I decided to blog the extensive details of my diet, including a full list of every item I consumed each and every day. Instead of showing how awesome I was at my diet - and how much weight I lost - I instead showed how much I SUCK and how little willpower I have right now at this point in my life.

So since I sort of 'gave up' on my diet (once again) I have pretty much maintained my weight. I have been eating very healthy (i.e. checking the ingredients on just about all I eat, and trying to stay away from processed foods & unhealthy chemicals). Maybe that is why I haven't gained weight? So here's the thing - I'm happy. I love what we've been eating and I don't feel guilt after every meal. With this in mind, I often don't 'feel' good. This is because my portion sizes are definitely too large. So that's my next diet challenge! I am considering looking at the food pyramid (I should just know it, I know) and see exactly how much I need from each food group - and how much I've actually been eating lately.

I find it so very difficult to diet though. My new obsession is cooking, and finding new and delicious recipes. Of course I've heard it said before: "It can be fun to cook healthy, and it's tasty too!" but lets be serious....it is SO much more fun, and usually a lot tastier, when you cook something with a substantial amount of fat in it.

Okay - enough about dieting (for now). My cooking challenge for next week is so exciting for me (it's funny how something so trivial could excite me this much)! For mine and Ron's birthday this year we received some adorable Le Crueset french onion soup bowls....with cute little handles. They're red and match all of our other Le Crueset cookware pieces! Here's a picture of my adorable husband holding one:



So, this week I have decided to challenge myself by making meals that are cooked and/or served in these soup bowls (or our ramekins for some recipes). I have the recipes all lined up for the week, and I am even going to attempt to take pictures as I cook! I'll be like a real food blogger! I have only made one of the dishes before...which I will make tomorrow night (hint: I believe it is the best meal I have ever made, and I posted a picture of it on Facebook!)

It all starts tonight, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment