We beat our Wii Super Bario game! Can you believe it? Here is Ron (Mario) giving me (Luigi) a sloppy smooch. :-)
Yikes....August 5th was the last time I posted? Really? I'm slacking....sorry guys. Possibly because there hasn't been too much going on. It takes me about 2 months to come up with enough interesting stuff to post a blog about. Hah!
So....August 7th was our 6 yr dating anniversary! We didn't really do anything (c'mon guys...we're married now!) because our wedding anniversary was only 1 month after.
It just so happened that my good friend from highschool came for a visit the weekend of the 7th! We had a blast just being Sara & Julie. We talked a bunch, watched some TV, played some games, did some shopping, ate lots of food, and took a swim at the pool on post. She's such a fantastic friend and I'm so happy we've stayed in touch. Also- we are now connected in more ways than one. At my and Ron's wedding last year Julie met our good friend from Ron's college, Seth, and the two really hit it off! They are now dating seriously (have been for a year) and Julie even made the move from NY to TN to be with Seth. Unfortunately he had to deploy shortly after she moved in. Aaahhh the army life!
Anyways, we had a great time. I love and miss her bunches. Here we are right outside my front door:

Unfortunately our good friends Andria & Justin Wright moved back to Seattle in August, after Justin graduated from Flight School. Our weekends just aren't the same without them! We had so many laughs and great times with them and we really wish they could have stayed here - at least until we leave! We are also very happy for them. They're living in a nice apartment right outside of the city (or on the edge?) and are extremely enjoying all of the activities and great places to eat that they are able to simply walk to! Shortly before they left we spent the weekend bowling and having delicious treats and drinks at our place...just another normal weekend for us! Here is a picture of the four of us at one of our favorite restaurants here in 'bama: Thai House!
THEN my awesome in-laws came to visit and see Ron fly the "mighty blackhawk". They stayed for about 10 days and we had a blast! Unfortunately Ron had to do a bit of studying, but you know me...I can always entertain. :-) Our good friend from highschool (our best man) came for a long weekend while Ron's rents were here visiting. We took a trip to Destin, FL and shared some really fun - and funny moments! Picture time:
We just love McGuire's Irish Pub...we had to take them there!
And of course....Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for some extra delicious food!
Also, at some point in August (I really wish I knew the exact date) Ron flew a Blackhawk Helicopter for the first time! I remember he kept saying how big it is compared to the TH67 (training helicopter). He's doing absolutely fantastic - of course! Fortunately Ron's parents, Shawn & I were able to watch him fly! Here's a picture or two: :-)
Pretty darn neat, huh?
Here are some fun pictures. Laura (Ron's Mom) and I decided to walk down the road to the cotton fields to check 'em out. They are real cotton balls!
After the in-laws and Shawn departed, it just happened to be our one year wedding anniversary! It landed on a Tuesday so we decided to put off our celebrations until the weekend. On Saturday we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch, then out to a movie and for some shopping, followed by Thai House again. That night we thawed out our wedding cake topper and "enjoyed" a piece. Hah! Unfortunately it wasn't even HALF as good as it was a year earlier. We had a blast trying it out though and taking pictures. On Sunday I baked my hubs Lasagna and my first homemade apple pie! They both came out terrific. :-) Here's a few more pictures:

Just a sidenote - you must know that immediately after the in-laws left (the very beginning of September) I was all decorated for fall. I'm beginning to like this season almost as much as winter! Also, you have to decorate in order for it to actually feel like fall when you live here in Alabama. The weather was really nice and "cool" (70's) for about a week, but has been back up to high 80's to mid 90's since. Blaaaaaaah. I just purchased a NorthFace jacket (finally) and I'm afraid I won't be able to sport it until we're back in NY!
In other news: last weekend our friend from highschool, Dave, and his wife Sarah came for a visit. They were here to support their friend who was graduating WOC school but they stayed with us. It was great to have them, we just love having guests! While they were here (between endless amounts of gLee episodes) we took a trip to the aviation museum on post. I can't believe that I've been here for over a year and JUST went there for the first time! You know what time it is, picture time!:
Here it is...the blackhawk!
Here I am inside a chinook! They are so neat looking...and so massive!
Ron took me for a ride on a plane they had lying around. :-)

So now what? Well...it's the beginning/middle of October and it looks like we only have a little over a month before we head back to NY! We are very excited for November 13th - our good friends Nate & Beth are getting married! Fortunately, it looks like Ron just might be finished flying by then so hopefully he'll be able to make the trip. Ron's expected graduation date is November 23rd (the Tuesday before Thanksgiving). We're hoping that the army will give us extra days for moving...considering it's Thanksgiving weekend...hah!
Well....we'll just see what the army has in store for us. Wish us luck in our packing, moving, and traveling pretty please! :-)
Hey girl! Great post... and I'm gonna need you to send me your email, so that I can add you to the blog list for when I go private.
ReplyDeleteMy email is my first and last name seperated by a period, and then followed by @hotmail.com
Sorry to be cryptic - but I don't want crazies emailing me. :)