...because honestly, sometimes the smallest things make me oh so very happy.
Like today, for instance. I received my favorite magazine EVER, The Food Network Magazine. Really - it's awesome! It is packed full of recipes and tips for the everyday cook. It's even better than Cooking Light (which I received yesterday, and loved). It usually takes me awhile to get through the entire magazine, unlike others (like Country Living) which takes me about 10 minutes to pick out the very few recipes.
Maybe I just love getting mail (except bills, of course). Today was a TRIPLE whammy. The Food Network Recipe, some new undies that I ordered from American Eagle, and finally...the first disc of True Blood, Season 2.
Food has been awesome lately. Ron is now on hold so he no longer has to do homework, flight plans, or study (yet) anymore. The night before last I made two cornish game hens corn on the cob and a homemade light and low-carb bread dressing. It came out fabulous, and surprisingly easy. Yesterday morning I made a delicious (if I do say so myself) chicken/hen vegetable soup, using Ron's hen bones, my hen bones and the half of the hen I didnt eat, some fresh veggies, and some homemade chicken stock I had in the freezer.
Are hens chickens? I'm confused...
Anyways, it came out fabulous. With a little rice it was the perfect lunch for Ron. For me - another tomato sandwich. The fresh tomatoes we bought from the farmer's market are awesome...really!
Last night Ron had the urge to cook (whew) and he made a mini beef wellington (which is probably our favorite dinner, EVER). It was awesome - he served it with mashed potatoes (for him...mashed cauliflower for I), and some fresh steamed broccoli. YUMMMMMY! He had leftovers for lunch today, while I again ate an amazing tomato sandwich.
Dinner tonight sounds both amazing and simple. Turkey melts and chicken/hen? veggie soup with rice. YUM!
***UPDATE***
Tonight's dinner WAS awesome. The turkey melts that Ron made on our Le Crueset griddle were fabulous! Mine had turkey, light cheese, tomato, pickle, light mayonnaise, and some S & P of course, all on light bread. MMMmmmmm. I would have been just fine with just the sandwich and maybe a small salad, but the soup was equally tasty. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment