Sunday, June 27, 2010

mm mm mmmmm

I kid you not when I say that last night I enjoyed the best pizza that I have ever eaten, and it was made by my husband & I. Surprised? You shouldn't be. It's really not hard!

So we often make grilled pizzas. They're actually 'semi' grilled. Ron makes the dough, and when it's ready he rolls the dough out in to 3-4 pizza's, oils them up, and throws them on the grill for a few mins. They are always absolutely delicious - and fun because we get to make our own...with our own choice of toppings. Last night we tried some new ones.

For one pizza (Ron's) we did our regular (yet delicious): EVOO, Ron's wing sauce (which consists of Franks, butter, parm cheese, minced garlic, parsley, and S & P), sliced fresh jalapenos, light shredded mozzerella cheese, and some yummy blue cheese crumbles. Pizza numero dos was our 'joint' pizza. Ron put some of his wing sauce on the bottom, then we topped it with mozzerella cheese, fresh basil leaves, and slices of raw tomatoes...oh and sprinkled with S & P and EVOO of course. Kind of like a Magherita pizza? Anyways - it came out fabulous...and I wish we tried it earlier! We have never made pizza with fresh raw tomatoes on it before...what a hit! Now for the home run of all pizzas...MY pizza. I got the idea from a 'Cooking Light" magazine. Here's what I did: First - I sprinkled some EVOO on the grilled dough. Then I tried my best (although it was tricky) to spread some 13 less fat cream cheese on top of the oil, followed by some.......are you ready?......SMOKED SALMON, then some very VERY thinly sliced lemons, lots and lots of fresh dill, capers, onion slices, a few dollops of cream cheese again, and then some more EVOO.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA...it was the best pizza I have ever eaten...REALLY! Even better than Mellow Mushroom! You have to try it. Here are a few pictures:









They look amazing...right?

Okay, so now that I've vented about my delicious dinner last night, I must tell you of my newest kitchen purchase. My grandma Mills (Mom's Mom) always had this awesome 'strawberry' cookie jar in her kitchen that I absolutely loved. So when she moved to a nursing home a few years ago I asked my Mom if I could have the jar for myself. After receiving the cookie jar I also found some mini strawberry containers at pier 1. Here's a picture:



We have themed our kitchen around that very cookie jar...we have a red kitchen aid mixer, and all of our crueset products are red! It all matches and it's beautiful. Anywho - I have wanted to find and purchase a cute apron for awhile now. I found one online last week and ordered it...and it came in the mail yesterday! It's a strawberry apron (of course) and it's absolutely adorable! Check it out:



Fabulous, right?

Next topic: I tried a new beverage tonight and I took a picture of it so I just HAVE to blog about it. I'll call it a raspberry lemon spritzer. I put about 6 fresh raspberries (which were on sale yesterday at the commissary!) into my glass along with one packet of truvia and about a tbsp of fresh lemon juice. I muddled this, then added ice & vodka, and topped with seltzer. I tasted it and added what I thought it needed (more lemon juice - and a lemon wedge!). It was delicious, refreshing, and oh so fresh! Here's a purrttty picture I took:



It was very very good!

In other news - the other day Ron & I were craving a delicous mid-afternoon snack. We decided to boil up some of the shrimp we have in the freezer. Ron insisted that I sit on the couch, watch TV, and not look back at what he was preparing for us. He was so freaking cute! He came out with this for me, and said it was my first official 'shrimp cocktail':



It was even tastier because of the awesome presentation. If you know me, and if you've read my previous posts, you know that I thought I was allergic to shrimp for the past 15 yrs, and I just found out that I am NOT! I now have a major craving for shrimp most days...hah!

That is all from me today! Enjoy your next week! Only one week until our honeymoon in Disney!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment